Monday, September 23, 2013

High and low

This jersey was given to Owen by one of Hair Spray Cafes great clients.  It's was too small for her grandson and has been too big for Owen until now.  The weekend before last we went to QTs annual family picnic and I thought it would be a great time for Owen to wear it.  Owen has never really cared too much about the clothes I pick out for him.  I usually pick clothes that will make him smile like a super Mario shirt or anytthing in green his favorite color.  Of course I'm always looking for my favorite when shopping for the boys.....skulls!  Before moving here his aunt nat-nat was reasonable for at least half of his woredrobe.  Once when Owen was at about 3-4 he told me he didn't want to wear a new shirt I got him that was black with purple pin stripes because it was a girls shirt. So I made a mental note not to buy him purple anymore.  I still pick out his clothes everyday for him in the morning.  When he saw the jersey he got really excited and kept saying "I get to wear a real jersey?".  It was so cute.  The picnic was on a Saturday and that Sunday Owen asked me if the jersey was clean so he could wear it school on Monday.  I can't think of a time that he has ever asked if he could wear something.  I love that he is showing that he cares how he looks.  I'm making sure that jersey is always clean.  
Tonite Noah took a face dive into the window sill somehow trying to look out of it.  Busted his lips, his gums and loosened a tooth.  He wanted me to take a pic of it so he could see it.  Livi had her friend from across the street over for dinner.  We did our usual around the table with our high and low of the day.  Then liv and her friends were asking each other silly questions....claire asked: would you rather have there be no money and everything was always free or be the richest person in the world? Then liv asked: would you rather be beautiful and poor or ugly and rich?  I won't go into their answers because they were stupid questions to begin with.  Its what Noah said that makes me love my family to pieces.  Noah says without even being asked just listening to the two girls talk "when I grow up I want to be a doctor so I can help Owen's body". This sweetness came from the boy with a swollen lips and gums.  Owens response was "my body doesn't need help!"  They are both perfect to me!
 The picture I took of them this morning before I woke them up for school.

No comments:

Post a Comment