Sunday, January 31, 2010

space aliens and micheal jackson










what a week!!!! It started with a extremely long day at Children's Mercy Hospital for Owen on Tuesday. we had to be there at 8:45 am to have 3 different procedures done 1st a Voiding Cystogram, next a Renal Ultrasound and last a Urodynamic Uroflow Study. following all that was a viait to the kidney doctor and lab to have blood drawn which got us out of there at 4pm. those 3 proceeders were being done to check the the condition of his bladder to make sure it could with stand the extra work the new kidney is going to bring on. i won't know the result until we go to the urologist on friday. sometime the week before owen started telling nick and i that he was allergic to "space aliens" so i told him to tell his doctors that. and what do know the first room we go into is in radiology and has this huge machine and a outer space mural painted on the wall and he slowly walks in and nervously says "i'm allergic to space aliens". during these studies i learned the he can hold a extreme amount of urine 500cc which a normal 4 yr old should be 150cc. they said the reason he can hold so much is because his right kidney has absolutely no function and acts as a 2nd bladder. watching owen do all this was extremely difficult for me, some parts were painful and he was able to tell me :-( Saturday night i had a Domestic Diva Shower and Bachlorette Party for my sister Natalie. It was crazy fun!!!!! And then today we had a training nurse out to the house to show us how to give owen his new growth hormone. he didn't like it at all and kept looking at me with a super sad face saying "why did you do that to me?? that weally weally hurt me" and the worst part is i have to do it everyday :-( i almost forgot, my favorite thing owen said this week......on the way to the hospital on tuesday micheal jackson's i wanna rock with you came on the radio and owen says "mama is this micheal jackson?"......now how the heck did he know that?!?!?!

1 comment:

  1. Of course he knew that! He is insanely smart!!! You didn't tell me that right kidney part, that is pretty crazy!!! God I love that lil guy. When I see him laying there it brings back so many memories, His eyes haven't changed. I know what he is thinking now is exactly what I thought he was thinking back then.

    ReplyDelete