Sunday, May 9, 2010

congrats & sponge baths

this weekend owen missed to celebrations. he really tried to go to the one today. but was just too wore out to make it so i brought him home some cake, which really made him happy!!! Qe and aunt rhonda & david i hope you enjoy the picture!!!!! i do need to say thank you to my great in-laws for taking care of noah and liv this last week and thank you my mom, natalie, chelsea and dom for taking liv with you this weekend to st.louis. you all are the best!!!!
owen walked around the house a little bit for the first time today. he sat at the kitchen table in his high chair for breakfast and colored for bit. then we went upstairs to get his first bath(sponge) since the surgery. doing all that completely wore him out and was hurting his belly quite a bit. it was really making me feel like he should still be in the hospital. i don't feel like this was something i was prepared to take care of on my own. i really didn't have any expectations but i didn't realize how hard it would be for him to move around. it kills me to see him in pain. we don't take him back to the dr till the 21st and until then he has a catheter coming out of his belly button held on be tons of stitches....how could that not cause him pain?!?!? i'm hoping each day gets easier for him, you can see how scared he his to feel the pain.
on the flip side...owen is loving all the mommy attention. he has been sleeping/hanging out in our bed with me. tonight nick is sleeping in owen's bed and owen thought that was the funniest thing that he was sleeping in daddy's bed while daddy's was sleeping in his bed. so i need to mention how great nick is, he is the best!!!!!
happy mother's day to you moms out there....hope you had a good one!!!
always
am

3 comments:

  1. awww.. Owen, I LOVED the sign!!!!!! Aunt Rhonda is so very proud of you for being brave and strong!! I know your tummy hurts right now.. and I think it hurts Mommy and Daddy worse.. but you will feel better everyday. I love you and I can't wait to see you!!!!!!! hugs and kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, you are an amazing mom. Happy LATE mother's day to you.

    whitney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber, Owen looks good for all he has been through. I know he is hurting and will continue to hurt for a while and as mother's we never want to see our children in pain. What a great mom you are and how fortunate for Owen, Liv and Noah that they got you as their mother!!!! God knew what he was doing when He gave them to you and you have not let them down. It is a tireless and hard job being a mother and worries never seem to end but God will always give you what you need to keep going. He also blessed you and Nick with each other -- truly a gift to each of you. I love you all with all my heart and keep you all in my prayers daily!!! Love and hugs, Aunt Sue

    ReplyDelete