Saturday, March 6, 2010


surgery #16 for owen is quickly aproaching. just 3 days away!!! with each day that passes the knot in my stomach gets tighter and tighter. i just don't think that i'm ready to have my little man taken away from me and then brought back on a hospital bed with tubes everywhere. that is how i saw him for the first 4 mos. of his life and for the life of me i can't make myself remember what it felt like to see him that way. i must have been numb to it. but i think that the numbness has totally wore off and now i'm completely scared. scared of the what ifs, the unknowns and the stupid crazy thoughts in my head that i could never say aloud but mostly i'm scared of seeing him scared. ........tear drops are everywhere.......i love my owen more and more everyday and way more then i ever thought i could. and he tells me that he loves me at least 10 times a day and i never want that to go away.


please keep him in your thoughts and prayers this week.


luv always-Amber




11 comments:

  1. Jaafe and I are thinking about your family! Owen will be great because he always is....
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are all in my prayers. Special candle will be lit tomorrow morning from Nicole and I.

    Karen Feliccia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had dreams about you guys all night last night. I wish you all didn't have to go through all this. Let me know if you need anything & our family prays for Owen & your family so many times a day. We love you all.

    whitney romi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our prayers and thoughts are with your Little man and your whole family!!! Reading that made me cry I can only imagine how your feeling your one strong woman Amber:)!!!! Hope all goes well sweetie!!

    bree maasen

    ReplyDelete
  5. That lil guy has an entire Army of people that are going to get HIM/YOU/NICK/US through this...DOCTORS, FAMILY, WANNA BE FAMILY, FRIENDS, FRIENDS OF FRIENDS, AND MOST OF ALL GOD AND SOME VERY MIGHTY ANGELS!!! Know that, AM! We are ALL there smiling through the fear and tears. He IS a living miracle and never underestimate how tuff that little ... See MoreDude is. Right from the get go, God said "I give you Owen the Heart, WATCH what a fighter he is, KNOW how small and precious life is, and when something is different FIND the beauty in disaster." So this is surgery #16 BUT.... it's also round 16 for My Nephew, "The Undefeated Lightweight Champion of the World...O-DAWG"
    Love you Sissy, I will always be right beside you.


    Natalie Mesh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of your family. You are in our thoughts and prayers.


    pam troutwine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amber, we are praying for Owen and and all of you. Everything will be fine sweetie

    carol johnson

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amber, just know I will be praying for you, Nick, and Owen. I can totally appreciate what you are talking about.

    diana brennan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amber, I pray for all of you every day and especially little Owen. It's hard to watch our children hurting and being in pain but I know how strong you and the entire family is and you will face and walk through whatever you need to. My heart and prays are with you all. Love you!

    aunt susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amber, you and your family will be in my prayers. I'm sorry that I failed to realize sooner that your little handsome man was having things to deal with as well. If there is anything I can do please don't hesitate.

    Amber wilson haddock

    ReplyDelete
  11. well put natalie! he does have some really great angels looking over him and everything will be great. keep us posted on how things are going. love you guys!


    michelle hucthison

    ReplyDelete